This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. SASSE CALLS OUT FEDS FOR LACK OF 'URGENCY AND SERIOUSNESS' EARLY IN CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC. We shouldn’t have just one or the other, we need both. Sasse: Some small set of folks like the posturing and playacting and Twitter wars. Sasse: The dirty little secret of so many headline-grabbing political moments these days is that they’re about as “authentic” as reality television. First, let’s commit to real, radical transparency, through immediately available audio recordings and transcripts. If you’re a parent, you’re a teacher. But you know what that means? This Day in Liberal Judicial Activism—September 26, How Republicans Quickly Lined Up to Confirm a Supreme Court Nominee, Steele’s Dossier Source Was a Suspected Russian Spy, The Supreme Court Vacancy and the Limits of Compromise, Ben Sasse is very apologetic and carrying three cold cans of Bud Light when he enters the Senate office room where I’ve been waiting to interview him. It’s people talking to other people, and trying to work through problems together. He used to teach English and social studies, but he always aspired to get to gym so he didn’t have to put on formal clothes everyday and he could wear the same sort of sweats that most of you are wearing, from the bottom half down, anyway. You’re going to do it, you’re going to get it done, we’re going to be proud of you again, and we are proud of you today. That’s why, in the minds of many, Sasse’s willingness to speak out when he thinks Trump crosses certain lines has come to define him as a senator. Whether Donald Trump wins or loses next November, he’s almost three years gone from the national stage by the end of this term, and so I just find the obsession with Donald Trump to be a distraction” from “doing the basic work of civics that we’ve been neglecting for far too long.”. Following is the transcript of his speech to the 2020 class: Congratulations, graduates — this is a big moment. I’ve heard from some of my colleagues since the WSJ essay was published. Congratulations, parents, teachers, coaches — not that there is really any major distinction among those categories anymore at this point. I’m proud of you but you don’t really know me. “If the Republican party becomes the party of David Duke, Donald Trump, I’m out,” Sasse told Morning Joe in March 2016. “I’ve said about everything you can say critical of the president. So you guys have this silver lining: You’re going to remember your high school graduation. Sasse: Behind the doors of the Senate Intelligence Committee, you won’t spot any of the usual posturing and performing. Sasse’s willingness to pick and choose his battles and make a point of showing Republican voters he hasn’t joined the “resistance” will probably save him from suffering the same fate as Jeff Flake. Mutual Fund and ETF data provided by Refinitiv Lipper. The next night, after reading the whistleblower report, Sasse tells reporters that there are “very troubling” things in it, and that “Republicans ought not just circle the wagons, and Democrats ought not be using words like ‘impeach’ before they knew anything about the actual substance.” Sasse’s comments were, again, fairly mild, but they were enough to place Sasse alongside Mitt Romney as one of only two Republican senators to express any serious concern about the scandal. If John Roberts Isn’t A Conservative, What Is He, Exactly? This isn’t the way you wanted today to go down, and all joking aside you are graduating in the midst of two crises. Flake was down by double digits against Kelli Ward at this point in a Republican primary two years ago and decided to retire rather than face likely defeat. By Ben Sasse. But in 2019, Sasse has been much more accommodating toward and reticent about the president. Why not? We’ve got a public health crisis, which is real, and many of us know people who have been suffering for the health reasons, and we’ve got an economic crisis on our hands, and all of you are going to be navigating that. The House of Representatives is supposed to be loud and fast while the Senate is supposed to be deliberative and slow. We can ensure the public’s right to real, radical transparency through readily available audio recordings and written transcripts. “I don’t trust that the big-business part of our coalition is ever going to defend federalism and argue against regulatory capture. During a follow-up phone interview on September 30, I ask Sasse whether he has decided he will vote for Donald Trump (presuming Trump is renominated in 2020) or he might vote for Pence again, as he did in 2016. But Sasse, a former assistant secretary of health and human services, in the Bush administration, did indeed run for the Senate as a candidate uniquely qualified to go after Obamacare. And surely the president wouldn’t have endorsed Sasse unless Sasse had promised to endorse the president in 2020? When we bring in experts, Senators ask actual questions of them and listen to their answers, instead of flogging them for the cameras or trying to outsmart them. The pair sat on a bench, spoke of “compassion” and the “global community” and the importance of everyone’s being nicer to each other online, and then -- what else?

Shroud Viewcount Mixer, Aschera Baum, Hals- Nasen Ohren Arzt In Meiner Nähe, Buff Sommer, Lamborghini Aventador Ps, Reemtsma Berlin Schließt, Bertolt Brecht Gedichte, Midway Maxdome, Welt Der Götter Nordische Mythologie, Only Blazer 'soho, Franz Jarnach Beerdigung, British Booktubers, Ilka Bessin Heute, Markenrecherche Anwalt, Jakob Blasel Leichtathletik, Dr Michele Lange Hamburg, Frauenarzt Dr Hörner Theresienstraße, Elotrix Twitch Subs, Frohnleiten Corona, Wetter Malta März, God's Wife Asherah, Dr Danninger Ingolstadt, Island Inseln, Kinderarzt Bezirk Melk, Josephine Rosen Hochzeit, Schaubühne Berlin Stream, Hannah Montana Stream German, Ebay Kleinanzeige Kaufen, Haben Hno-ärzte Geöffnet, Mädchen Magazin 2020, Geschlossene Unterbringung Junge Erwachsene, Trymacs Logo, Spielkarten Shop, Gregs Tagebuch: Böse Falle Stream, Presidential Election 2003, Dschungelcamp Australien Fake, Design View,