It may seem like we’re asking for a lot. Image: REUTERS/Denis Balibouse 21 Jan 2020. You’re the ones who are giving up. In the German capital, thousands rallied outside the landmark Brandenburg Gate despite heavy rain. That it seemed so bad for the economy that we decided to resign the idea of securing future living conditions without even trying?" Teenage environmental activist Greta Thunberg is back. On the contrary, they seem to understand the fact that we need to change more than you do. Thunberg's blunt words to presidents and prime ministers, peppered with scientific facts about the need to urgently cut greenhouse gas emissions, have won her praise and awards, but also the occasional criticism and even death threats. And until we have the technologies that at scale can put our emissions to minus then we must forget about net zero — we need real zero. is a global, multi-platform media and entertainment company. Robin Pomeroy Digital Editor, World Economic Forum. Here's the full transcript of Thunberg's speech… We demand that at this year’s World Economic Forum participants from all companies, banks, institutions and governments: Immediately halt all investments in fossil fuel exploration and extraction. "The main hope is, as always, to try to have an impact on the level of awareness and public opinion so that people will start becoming more aware," the 17-year-old told reporters. Your inaction is fueling the flames by the hour. So either you do this or you’re going to have to explain to your children why you are giving up on the 1.5-degree target. And unless we start facing this now together, with all cards on the table, we won’t be able to solve this in time. And even they had not given up. Staff. We are telling you to act as if you loved your children above all else. During an earlier protest in the Arctic, British climate activist and ornithologist Mya-Rose Craig, stood on a piece of ice broken off from the ice cap. Trust me, I’ve done this before and I assure you it doesn’t lead to anything. Today I will address the forum at 13:00. Greta Thunberg spoke about climate action at the Davos forum in Switzerland, calling for an end to fossil fuels and stating that we only have 8 years to save the planet. I wonder, what will you tell your children was the reason to fail and leave them facing the climate chaos you knowingly brought upon them? "Being on a tiny ice floe like this and just floating in the middle of a sea of slush has really just reminded me how delicate the Arctic is," she said Sunday from north of the Norwegian archipelago of Svalbard. Your inaction is fuelling the flames by the hour. Greta Thunberg addressed the World Economic Forum's Annual Meeting in Davos. Well I’m here to tell you that unlike you, my generation will not give up without a fight. We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. Elsewhere in Berlin, cyclists rode past the main train station and through downtown in a separate protest. Climate change poses an urgent threat demanding decisive action. Last week I met with coal miners in Poland who lost their jobs because their mine was closed. They demand that lawmakers stick to the 2015 landmark Paris climate deal that asks both rich and poor countries to take action to curb the rise in global temperatures that is melting glaciers, raising sea levels and shifting rainfall patterns. Empty words and promises which give the impression that sufficient action is being taken.". It’s fine. Read the full transcript of her January 21, 2020 speech. ", SEE ALSO: Greta Thunberg warns that time is running out to keep global temperature rise below 1.5 degrees, "You say children shouldn’t worry. She joined fellow demonstrators outside the Swedish Parliament on Friday to kick off a day of socially distanced global climate protests. Published Friday, September 25, 2020 9:06AM EDT Last Updated Friday, September 25, 2020 4:40PM EDT SHARE STOCKHOLM -- Teenage environmental activist Greta Thunberg is back. Her group encourages inner-city children from black and ethnic minority backgrounds to explore nature. ", One young woman held a poster of an ostrich with its head stuck in the ground and its posterior on fire. Silence. The 1.5-degree target? The story has been corrected to give the date of the Arctic protest as Sunday. Thousands more took part in demonstrations in Bonn, Aachen, Cologne and elsewhere as part of some 450 registered protests across Germany. You say: “Just leave this to us. Canada's Most Trusted News. Or something worse than silence. And “the bigger your carbon footprint, the bigger your moral duty,” Greta Thunberg said in her widely cited 2019 speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Mashable, Inc. All Rights Reserved. A post shared by Greta Thunberg (@gretathunberg) on Jan 21, 2020 at 1:38am PST. She went on to say that her generation will not give up without a fight. Jan M. Olsen in Copenhagen, Denmark, and David Rising in Berlin contributed to this report. Planting trees is good, of course, but it’s nowhere near enough of what needs to be done, and it cannot replace real mitigation or rewilding nature. Greta Thunberg didn't mince words at Davos 2020. CEOs use their position and influence with policy-makers and corporate partners to accelerate the transition and realize the economic benefits of delivering a safer climate. “Being on a tiny ice floe like this and just floating in the middle of a sea of slush has really just reminded me how delicate the Arctic is,” she said Sunday from north of the Norwegian archipelago of Svalbard. We will fix this, we promise we won’t let you down,'" she added. STOCKHOLM - Teenage environmental activist Greta Thunberg is back. Students around the world soon began following her lead, staging regular large protests, and she was invited to speak to political and business leaders at U.N. conferences and the annual World Economic Forum in Davos. "Our house is still on fire.

Kylo Hundefutter, Knossi Moments, Varion Bruder, Arizer Solo 2 Akku Wechseln, Mops Hund, Zitate Nachhaltigkeit, Kann Man Eine Hose Zur Hochzeit Anziehen, This Is Us Season 4 Episode 17, Hotel Weitblick Bielefeld, Prinzessinnen Schutzprogramm Im Tv, Hno Eisenstadt Klikovits, Oura Ring, Primer Stream Movie4k, Miete Olympiastadion Berlin Konzert, Theater Im Bauturm Kommende Veranstaltungen, This Is Us Kritik, Schaubühne Online Hamlet, Frau Dr Franken Mülheim, Neurozentrum Stuttgart, Eurostars Berlin, Carla Reemtsma Studium, Bmw Usa, Wann Regnet Es Wieder 2020, Der Weiße Hai 4 Ende, Blazer Kombinieren Damen, S Oliver Mädchen T-shirt, Maingau Stromclever öko Erfahrung, Opus Outlet, Montanablack Poster Kaufen, S Oliver Kleider Neue Kollektion 2020, Lisa Ortgies Kleidung, Skyscrapers Lyrics Lil Peep, Weber Grill Ersatzteile Zünder, Kaya Yanar Katze, Manchester United Forum, Schöne Neue Welt Kastensystem, Tierschutzbund De Seriös, The Climb Film Deutsch, Klimawandel Songs, Get On My Lvl Cap, Kim Dotcom, Simex (fortnite), Olympiastadion Mieten Einhorn, Frauenarzt Bad Kissingen Hofmann, Hörbücher Kostenlos, Gerry Weber Aktie Kursziel, Mercedes S63 Amg, Hirschhausens Quiz Des Menschen Xxl 2019, Karl-heinz Becker, Grapentin Seligenstadt, Brautmutterhosenanzug Chiffon, Ilka Bessin Baby, Lauren Graham, Das Grauen Aus Der Tiefe German 1980, Montanablack Instagram Story, Ach, Diese Lücke, Diese Entsetzliche Lücke Inhalt, Buff Stirnband Damen, Self-indulgent übersetzung, Jva Neumünster, Wohnung Mieten Köln Privat, Fridays For Future Wikipedia, Ladungsfähige Anschrift Hamburg, Zweisam Passwort Vergessen, Lamborghini Sián Fkp 37 Preis, Literaturclub Wiki, Julian Morris, Cord Blazer Braun, Der Zopf Kapitel Zusammenfassung, Der Weiße Hai Brettspiel, Readly Test, Besondere Kleider Für Hochzeitsgäste, Midway 2019 Besetzung, Wunderino No Deposit Bonus Code, Twitch Monte, Dmap Register, This Is Us' Season 4 Finale,