Throttle response is electrifying, the noise the very blood and thunder you’d dream of in such a car, and the thrust… well, it is simply majestic. Then again, these are tough roads and if the Merc is finding them hard, how is the Bentley faring? I decide to sleep on it. Sad to say, the Bentley engine struggles by comparison. In S63 AMG guise as tested here, its 5.5-litre twin-turbo V8 has a trifling 577bhp but, lacking the Bentley’s four-wheel drive hardware, it weighs a quarter of a tonne less despite being both longer and taller. The S63 AMG coupé costs £125,595. It's somebody's vision and personality transcended into a handmade car. I find the tech on the Merc literally a turn-off. I am by both instinct and disposition suspicious of downsized turbocharged engines but this one is magnificent. That car is, of course, the Mercedes-Benz S-class coupé, perhaps better known as the replacement for the CL. pure-bred sports cars nor even purpose-built GTs. I would strongly suggest you go and take a tour around the Bentley factory, if you haven't already. The AMG S63 likes its hood long, too, but the stance it imprints on the front end is that of a wider, planted posture, whereas the M8 appears to be more … Its ride is more deft and its interior more spacious in front, back and boot. Check out all the vital info side-by-side from pricing to performance specs. Compare Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe vs Mercedes-Benz AMG GT, Mercedes-Benz S-Class vs Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe, Mercedes-Benz E-Class vs Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe, Mercedes-Benz C-Class vs Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe, Mercedes-Benz SL-Class vs Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe, Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class vs Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe, Mercedes-Benz C-Class vs Mercedes-Benz AMG GT, Mercedes-Benz G-Class vs Mercedes-Benz AMG GT, Mercedes-Benz E-Class vs Mercedes-Benz AMG GT, Mercedes-Benz S-Class vs Mercedes-Benz AMG GT, DESIGNO Cashmere White MAGNO (Matte Finish), Burmester High-End 3D Surround Sound System, DESIGNO Black Piano Lacquer Flowing Lines Trim, DESIGNO Porcelain/Red, DESIGNO Exclusive Nappa Leather Upholstery, DESIGNO Saddle Brown, DESIGNO Exclusive Nappa Leather Upholstery, Designo Bengal Red/Black, Designo Exclusive Nappa Leather Upholstery, Designo Black, designo Exclusive Nappa Leather Upholstery, Designo Porcelain/Blue, Designo Exclusive Nappa Leather Upholstery, Designo Porcelain/Brown, Designo Exclusive Nappa Leather Upholstery, DESIGNO Crystal Grey/BLCK, DESIGNO Exclusive Nappa Leather Upholstery. But we’re not here to fiddle with gadgets, however enticing they may be. Which is fair enough, but when I turn my attention to less exciting but perhaps more relevant considerations, I find them harder to separate. Enter your email address below: Sorry to say but the S63 is simply the better looking car, its interior is sublime, it's just the better car. Aston Martin Vantage Roadster 2020 UK review, Porsche Panamera GTS Sport Turismo 2020 review. I decide that on give-and-take roads such as these, where it sometimes struggles to distinguish between curves and cambers, that it’s best left alone and settle for Sport mode instead. The Bentley Continental GT you will know, for it has been a fairly frequent presence on these pages since its launch in 2003, and despite being regularly and at least once comprehensively updated on the way, it remains essentially the same car. At last, the decision is clear. The Speed is Bentley’s fastest road car yet and it looks likely to be blown to dust by a Mercedes based on a pre-existing saloon with a smaller engine and fewer cylinders. The four-wheel-drive versions available in left-hand-drive markets will pop sub-4sec 0-62mph runs all day long. Below the headlights sit a pair of air intakes and a low, subtly-designed lip spoiler. Out here where there is no such thing as a constant radius bend, where the only thing that changes more often than the weather is the camber and surface of the road, it’s not torque or power that’s the chief determinant of your point-to-point pace: it’s confidence. I should prefer the Mercedes because, again, if you think about it at all sensibly, it’s just the better car. Just a subjective thing I admit. The upshot is a fractional power-to-weight advantage to Mercedes that would matter little were it not backed by a monstrous torque-to-weight advantage, too. I'm not in the target demographic, as I spend my money more discretely, but I totally disagree with others re styling. stuff anything like so well. How does the Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe compare to the Mercedes-AMG S65 Coupe? I can remember being blown away by how well the S63 AMG saloon handled, but that was by the hardly high standards that you’d expect from a luxury limousine. There’s less pitch and heave, and in the medium-speed turns that characterise this part of the world, I’d call it the more nimble of the two, were ‘nimble’ a word you could ever use to describe a 2.3-tonne four-wheel-drive Bentley with a 6.0-litre 12-cylinder twin-turbo motor. To learn more about how we use the information you provide to us please see our. The Merc tries too hard and is an incoherent mess, the Bentley is simple and handsome, though I don't like the ovals in the rear lights. And when you are comparing two cars where luxury and exclusivity are high up on the agenda, these things matter. Although there is no formal definition, the UK government recognises a mountain to be any peak greater than 2000ft, of which well over 100 exist within the UK. There’s an artificiality to the steering that makes the car difficult to place on the road, and despite the arsenal of electronic suspension trickery at its disposal, it lacks the iron-fisted body control that I’d expected. You can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe mechanism on any email you receive from us. The Merc looks clumsy with its high waist line and, as with most other contemporary Mercs, pointless crease lines that go nowhere. Mercedes-AMG GT … It would be my choice...though not in silver funnily enough. Read Autocar's previous comparison - New Vauxhall Corsa versus Ford Fiesta and VW Polo, Price £156,700; 0-62mph 4.2sec; Top speed 206mph; Economy 19.5mpg; CO2 338g/km; Kerb weight 2320kg; Engine W12, 5998cc, twin-turbo, petrol; Power 626bhp at 6000rpm; Torque 604lb ft at 1700rpm; Gearbox 8-speed automatic, Price £125,595; 0-62mph 4.2sec; Top speed 186mph (with Driver's Pack); Economy 28.0mpg; CO2 237g/km; Kerb weight 2070kg; Engine V8, 5461cc, twin-turbo, petrol; Power 577bhp at 5500rpm; Torque 663lb ft at 2250rpm; Gearbox 7-speed automatic.

Cbc Cologne Broadcasting Center Gmbh Picassoplatz 1, Festlicher Hosenanzug Chiffon, Lars Koch Pro Contra, Russische Fußballnationalmannschaft, Fußball Deutschland England Statistik, Inhaberschuldverschreibung Sparkasse, Dfb 2 Bundesliga Liveticker, Dschungelcamp Tv, Kreuzworträtsel Deutschland, Frauenärztin Tempelhof, ärztekammer Burgenland Beschwerde, Fridays 4 Future Frankfurt, Frauen-wm 2019 Tabelle, Deutschland - Argentinien 2006 Elfmeterschießen, Meeresalgen Kapseln, Betty Barclay Jeansjacke, Fasching Begriffe, Ariana Grande Pete Davidson Split, Schauspielschule Hamburg Privat, Nesquik Snack, Haus Mieten, Oberwart, Freizeit Revue Profi Rätsel Sammelband, Ig Netz, S63 Amg Gewerbeleasing, Protein Box Abo, Demi Lovato - Heart By Heart übersetzung, Abo Box Verschenken, Anna Montana B2b Shop, Beste Discord Status, Papaplatte Kamera, Montanablack Yapi, Verband Schweizerischer Versandhandel, Spielstand Fürth, Fossil Outlet Chiemsee Bernau, Beste Wetterregion Deutschland, Anna Montana Capri, Fridays For Hubraum Website, Schauspielausbildung Köln, Wohnungen Pinkafeld, Dr Baumann Bad Schlema, Worte Zum Abschied, Schauspielschule Mannheim Kinder, Sabah Meller, Hesterberg Verschlüsse, Joshdub Vr Games, Tropischer Wirbelsturm Name, Dvd Magazin, Move - Entdecke Das Leben, Mecitefendi Knoblauch Shampoo,